Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Other Side

I think I am a realist and as such I don't think worshipped faiths are not healthy for the Human civilization and development. Although I am uneasy about certain aspects of World religions, I, in all honestly believe that the good side of any faith heavily outweigh that of the bad side.So in this post, I'll be concentrating on exactly those aspects to faiths.

Without the concept of religion, I don't know how human development could have taken off. I think the concept of religion was formulated and developed to serve as law and order and as, I've come to believe , may have been the precursor to the eventual development of what we would today term "politics".

The commandments, constituent of the oldest of the world's three major faiths, all address social behaviors and as such is no different than today's common laws legislated by world governments.

I'm not privy to the other faiths, but the fear of God also serves as a tool of societal control. As a result, followers are coerced, or maybe "tend to" would be less controversial a word, to do the "right thing".

Such fear of eventual and apocalyptic doom make world faiths susceptible to political hijackings. Today's problems posed by Bin laden is obviously a case in point in modern times. But you could also look back into history and highlight the Crusades as such a qualifying political hijacking of religion, which in many ways still exists and persists in the form resistances and oppressions in Palestine.

I am totally unbiased and impartial when I say I don't know how the Jews of the world can claim Palestine to be their deserved and God-granted home when it means satisfying at the expense of entire populations of people.

Palestine isn't the solution for relieving Jews from their plight in their own countries. The blacks of America didn't claim an African country to be theirs to escape their troubles at home. Why should the Jews of Russia and Europe be different?

No comments: