Monday, May 12, 2008

Final Blog

Still wondering about what drives people to use steroids I jumped on ther computer and got on the internet. I typed in "cnn.com" where I typed in Roger Clemens and it displyed several articles about him being accused of taking steroids.Although there has been many rumors about Roger Clemens taking steroids, there's proof. After turning 35, the four-time Cy Young Award winner has an amazing record of 156-58. His name has been brought up in Canseco "Stereoid-ography Juiced" and the Mitchell Repoort. If I was in his shoes, I would want to take the test and get it over with so my name would be cleared of any problems.

I went to another website called "steroids.com/muscle model" where it had an article about in the earlt 80's steroids were legal. In this website it also said that some fellows purchased 2 to 3 cases at a time! If you ask me, these guys need to get some help asap!The article just basically explained the problems he went threw once he got on steroids such as anger problems, sexual problems, and growth of breasts.

As my quest came to an end, I decided to go on 1 more website. I chose the site http://findarticles.com/p/article where it had an article about why some adolescents might start to take steroids. Some of their reasons was to accelerate muscle growth,and development by enhancing the bodies ability to synthesize protein in conjunction with heavyweight training. The article also said a change in behavior may start to occur due to the mood changing ability of steroids. I am an athlete myself and I wouldnt want to be aggresive all the time! As parens, there are some signs you should watch for if your son or daughter is an athlete:1. Sudden muscle mass and weight gains (for instance,

10 or 20 pounds of muscle gain in two

months is more than normal adolescent development).

2. Obsessiveness with the gym and increased time

there.

3. Extreme body-conscious behavior, particularly

frequent use of a tape measure.

4. Severe outbreak of acne, especially on the back,

shoulders and chest.

5. Increased strong body odor, not only from underarms

but all over the body. The

breath of steroid users often has

a strong sour odor.

6. Explosive, super-aggressive behavior.

This is not simply the

moodiness of adolescence, but violent

hyped-up overactions.

Users call these "roid rages."

4. If steroids help build muscle and increase sexual and athletic performance, why are they so dangerous? While steroids may help to build and repair tissue, major problems seem to occur in the reproductive, cardiovascular and endocrine systems and in the liver. Women using steroids take on more male characteristics - facial and body hair, altered menstrual cycles and increased size of the clitoris. Many of these changes are permanent. In males some effects are shrinking of the testicles, low sperm counts, sterility and gynecomastia (breast development). 5. What should I do if I suspect my child is using steroids? If you suspect your child is using steroids, you should confront your child. Find a doctor who can help your child clean out his or her system and seek athletic training and nutritional advice to overcome the dependence through healthy alternatives.
http://findarticles.com
www.cnn.com
http://findarticles.com

1 comment:

Ekon 235 said...

Not only are people prompted to use steroids for performance-enhancing purposes, but I also think some are attracted to the drug just as some girls find themselves compelled to undergo painstaking procedures like bulimia and anorexia to "improve' their body image.