Thursday, May 8, 2008

Obstacles to My Question

In my attempt to transition my quest, concerning faiths, from Islam to others, I've stumbled upon one simple yet impregnable obstacle, which was my extreme lack of knowledge of other faiths. To fully answer my overarching question would require an enormous amount research, one that at the end of the quest would constitute me becoming a Professor of religion or an equivalent expert of sorts. In any case, such a lengthy quest is not something I wish to undertake at this
time. This is not to say that this is a dereliction of the entire assignment. It is simply an admittance of my poor choice of topics which, in my current capacity, I lack the resources, time, as well as the incentive and determination.

However, for the sake of not abandoning the project, I will employ whatever limited knowledge I have of other faiths and conclusions drawn from them.

In all the research I've attempted on the Internet, most turned out to be nothing at all and some that were close to what I've been looking for didn't seem to be relevant to my essential question. However, one stood salient among others. That of an Internet post made by a Mr. Lucid Mark. I have no way of verifying his ID or the validity of his remarks, so I'll publish the post in its entirety just to be on the safe side of things. It's titled "Questionable verses in the Bible".

The comments had an interesting aspect to it. It brought and tied together two, as most would assume beforehand, wholly different subjects, almost universally separated, in a most surprising and unsuspecting of ways: That of Christianity condoning a most despicable and inhuman of practices humans have engaged in. That of Slavery.

There's another post in response to Mark's claim that questions it's validity. So check that exchange out.

No comments: