Friday, May 16, 2008

INTERNET SOURCE: "Questionable verses in the Bible."

QUOTE(Lucid Mark @ Jun 10 2007, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1718165[/snapback]
First of all I am not hear to bash this religion or any other religion. I do however wish to point out verses that I feel to be questionable on a holy level or a level of humanity or on a level that would be supportive in a nation of democracy.

25:44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.

25:45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

As far as I understand it slavery is not a good thing. I don't know about your country but in my country Abraham Lincoln said that slavery was bad. And because of his decision and the decisions of others like him my country the United States of America outlawed slavery. So perhaps one of my questions regarding these two verses is why does a country that has clearly outlawed slavery allow a religious book to make statements declaring that the god of the Jews and Christians states that it is okay to have slavery and this book even goes as far as saying that the god of the Jews and Christians commands that the people of Israel go out through the land and take amongst them the slaves of other nations and of other people of other religions. I believe that these two verses should not be allowed to exist in the United States of America or in any other country that proclaims to be Democracy. I know myself that if I was a king or president of a country I would not tolerate these verses to exist amongst my people. For one these verses would be directly prejudice towards my people. In the lands of democracy slavery is illegal so therefore no organization should be allowed to promote slavery in a country that declares that slavery is illegal.
____________________________________________________________________


1. The Bible doesn't condone slavery.

2. In response to the bold: If you would restrict people from their freedom to believe because of your opinion than you have contradicted yourself. It's not the American way to discriminate any person regardless of their beliefs or opinions. Nazi's are allowed to freely exist in America, Radical Muslims are allowed to freely exist in America, and so are Bible-believing Christians. If you don't like it, go to China, the Bible's not allowed there. You speak waving the banner of democracy, however the undertone and point (as it appears) of your thread is entirely not democratic.

Mark, Lucid . "Questionable verses in the Bible." @ Jun 10 2007, 09:06 PM 10/6/2007 17/4/2008 .

1 comment:

Tamere said...

I like the way he uses specific exaples from the website he found. He wrote the length required from the blog and he supports his opinion withinformation he found from the website