Wednesday, April 23, 2008

1st Research blog

So I had quest, right? It was a simple statement really, a self-concluded statement, that it.
My quest was to find out- and in the process, reinforce what I had concluded about a really touchy and volatile subject- how and why faiths/creeds could be both essential and potentially destructive to our humanity. The latter part in particular.
So I began my with that simple question and I put that question a Mr. Hajji, Imam or leader of a mosque in the west side of Buffalo. The leader of the mosque asked that I do not reveal the identity of anyone I question, so I him an alias.
I began with of why Islam deems any one who questions the Islamic faith a heretic and convicts him/her to high penalty.
He responded by stating that all major faiths have heretics and are punished for their questionable conduct . fair enough, I said. So I substituted instead with another question, one that is specific to the Islamic faith. The question of forced conversion to the faith of nonbelievers. The idea is firmly expressed in the Qu'ran, Islam's equivalent of the Holy Bible, I pointed out to him. In order to prevent him from spinning the provision, I brought in and incorporated in the whole question a controversial figure that most well off Muslims, including Mr. Hajji himself, would find despicable and disown. At least that was what I suspected.
The figure I'm alluding to is the infamous, at least in the western world, Mr. Osama Bin laden. So I made the connection, the legitimate connection of the problems he posed and the source of his reasoning, public stated reasoning at least, which was to attempt to persuade non followers of the his faith to convert. And those that fail to be reasoned with, to force them to convert. And the text permitted him to do so, as he publicly cited at one time.
All of the sudden, as I was making the connection and as expected, sudden deviations in his facial expression was detected and as the argument took its course, he began to lose his composure. After that, I ended the questionnaire, but not without a last observation that I shared with him which was the fact that most of us, including other faiths, would rather forget and remain oblivious to bad contents of our faiths and focus on what's good or at least acceptable to society.

2 comments:

Tamere said...

I feel as if this person answered all of the question he wanted to find out. But some things that they could have did was went on the internet and found some sources that could help them answere their essential question. Other than that, I would say that the person did a good job

Tamere said...

I feel as if this person answered all of the question he wanted to find out. But some things that they could have did was went on the internet and found some sources that could help them answere their essential question. Other than that, I would say that the person did a good job