Thursday, February 14, 2008

Macks Football

Title: That Was Then And This Is Now

Author: S.E Hinton

My first impressions of the book was that it was something i can read. I said this when i first looked at the title because the name of the book gives you a suspense btu you wont't know what it is until you read. The first couple of pages i read the book introduced to life-long friends who were now teenagers and had their own lives. I thought the book would have alot of confrontation and arguements but i have yet to read about one. Also i agree with the praises forwarded by very influential papers and book critics. Therefore, I would definitely recommend the book to someone who likes young adults of the world because i think they would find it useful in their lives to solve some of their persnal predicaments.

What were your first impressions?

3 comments:

william said...

it is a book that i will like to read

Ekon 235 said...

From what I gather, it must be quite a book to be embraced by often very coveted book critics. I'm not usually drawn to any book for the praises made, but this seems to the exception. I might just bring myself to get a quick glance at it. That is if I don't loose this critical praises-generated enthusiasm for the book in the intervening time between now and by the time I conclude writing this response.

Mr. Malley said...

Tamere, this is your graded response as it's your only one. I'm not sure how anyone would have first impressions, unless they were reading the book at the same time. How does the title introduce suspense? It's an interesting comment, and I'd like to hear what you mean.

78