Thursday, January 31, 2008

TITLE: This Boy's Life

AUTHOR: Tobias Wolff

Into the first few pages of the book, the very first impression I had was to note the very conspicuous details, of the setting to be in particular, that Wolff had inserted in the book. The book is ripe with fine details of almost every moment. The events being described could easily be conceived in your mind. With that being said, I could easily imagine, would not be surprised, actually, if the work was converted into a blockbuster motion picture- getting extreme praise, "unforgettable", by such coveted papers as Time Magazine and The New York Times, among others.
Other quick impressions include, the manipulative nature of the son- which I'm sure will be more appearent as we dig into the story- relative to his mother and the extreme protectiveness of the mother relative to her son.

So these were my initial impressions of the book. What were, to those who've read the book, your impressions? what other "things" have you noticed from reading Wolff?


M. Omar

1 comment:

Tamere said...

I think you got all the major points. I noticed these too.