Friday, December 7, 2007

Fever Pitch,Nick Hornby

Nick Hornby's book,Fever Pitch,isn't no typical sports book.the didn't win high appraises ,from "the best sports book of the year" to "the funniest of the year"(clearly surpassng the comedy releases at the time.for that title to be bestowed on a sports writer,it's gotta men something.)(I got these from the back of book,by the way.) from both the sport's supporters and critics for nothing.it is hornby's style of writing that made the difference on this occasion in sport literature.(it shouldn't be a surprise if it is cited as among the best in sports literature 20 or 30 or 60 years from now.)
The style I' ve been preluding to is the mix of comedy as well as seriousness (of the work).Hornby makes perfect use of this genre and capitalizes on every point in the story. I'm not familiar with this genre in literature(perhaps I would rather prefer a comedy in motion pictures than in black ink on paper) other than the occasional cartoons I glance at in the newspapers every now and then,but I must admit Nick Hornby's use of this type of "comedy" in literature did capture my attention.

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

M.Omar...interesting point, although it takes you two years to get to it. Hornby can be funny. If you are writing a response like this you could possibly elaborate on something specific you find humorous. Bring it home.